Thu, Nov 18|
31st Annual Winter Fantasy Community Tree Decorating
We have a LBPC Community Tree at Sawdust Winter Festival and need your help decorating it! We've found a super easy and wholesome way to make handprint & ornaments. A fun activity to do as a family. Help us represent the Laguna Beach Parents Club. More details below.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2021, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Laguna Beach, 935 Laguna Canyon Rd, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
About The Event
We need to have the ornaments done by November 15th. Playgroup coordinators, this could be a great activity for your November playdate. Get together and make these easy ornaments and we will collect from you. RSVP if you want to come help decorate our tree on the 18th.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup table salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Glitter, paint, and ribbon, for decoration
- Polyurethane spray, for preservation
Instructions To Make Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Slowly stream in the water while stirring until it comes together. Finish mixing together with hands. Knead until dough is soft, about five minutes.
To Bake Ornaments
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place half of the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Roll out until 1/8" thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment.
- Using cookie cutters, cut shapes (leaving them on the parchment). Peel away the excess dough. Transfer the parchment with shapes to a baking sheet.
- Using a straw or toothpick, poke a hole for ribbon or an ornament hanger. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until hard.
- Once cooled, decorate using glitter and paint. To make sure the ornaments last a long time (I have one from 30 years ago!), spray with a light coat of polyurethane spray. Thread on a ribbon and hang on tree.